Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Praying that 2009 will be brighter!

With a new year comes new adventures for The Schrader's! Some of you know that I have been out of work since last May. 2008 was hard for me not having a job and I have tried to stay as positive as I can. We are praying that God will open a door for me this year. I have 2 interviews this week so please be praying for me. I really hope one of these works.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6


Also, Andrew and I are looking to buy our first home! We are hoping to be in a new home by April or this summer. Please pray that we will make the right decision for our future.
I'm starting a new bible study for 20 something women at Prestonwood Baptist this week and Andrew will be joining a Basketball league at Prestonwood! We really hope and pray that 2009 will be DIVINE!!

Looking back at 2008 I moved for the first time to the big city and Andrew started his first job! It was hard but we have so much to be thankful for. We are in good health and our families are doing well. Praise God for Andrew having a job and we are very thankful for our new church home Prestonwood, our Sunday school class The Journey, our couples bible study and all the new friends we have made.

I'm going to make some new year resolutions for 2009. The first is to not stress out about the small stuff. Some things do need a little more attention and stress than others but I want to really work on realizing all of the positive things in life. Second, to lose weight for our Cruise in May! Andrew and I started going to LA Fitness next week! We want to lose weight and stay health. Third, I also want to learn to control my tongue better with Andrew. I love him so much, but every once and awhile I find myself not speaking very kindly to him. He does not deserve that and I want to be a better wife to him by speaking more kind words to him and encouraging him. I pray that I can be a more Goldy wife to him.

I will keep you all updated with the job search, finding a house and all the resolutions! Have a great week!

Love,
Jessica

1 comment:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Hey Jessica! I saw your blog on your facebook. I love blogging; it's so great to keep up with old and new friends. I love all your pictures. Are y'all in Dallas? Housing was pretty expensive there 2 years ago when we rented an apartment. We bought a house near Denton. Way more affordable! Good luck finding a house. Looks like you're loving life and being a wife. I have to agree with that. I love being married to my best friend, and I thank God every day for my 2 healthy, wild boys. check out my blog sometime texanlife-cooperfamily.blogspot.com